What is the Chrome LinkedIn Plugin?
The Chrome LinkedIn Plugin allows you to add a client or candidate record to your account.
You can also update existing Chameleon-i records and associate LinkedIn profiles with their contacts.
How to get your Chrome LinkedIn Plugin
In order to get this Chameleon-i plugin:
- Download and activate from the Chrome Web Store
- Click Add to Chrome
- You will then need to log in using your Chameleon-i account details, and the plug-in will be available to use
What can you do with the Chrome LinkedIn Plugin?
With our plugin, you can:
- Create or update a Client Record
- Create or update a Candidate Record
- Update the Link to an existing contact
- Create a CV
Want to find out more?
How to create or update a Client Record:
- Search LinkedIn for a client’s profile
- As soon as the profile loads, open the Chameleon-i plugin, which will check to see if the client already exists within your database
- If the client doesn’t exist within your database, you will see a + Client button which upon clicking will be stored in Chameleon-i as a record. The LinkedIn profile will now be associated with the record.
- If there is an existing record, a blue Client button with a disk symbol will be shown. Press this button to update the existing client record with the LinkedIn profile data. The LinkedIn profile will be associated with the record.
How to create or update a Candidate Record:
- Search LinkedIn for a candidate’s profile
- Open the Chameleon-i plugin and this will display on the right-hand side of your screen.
- If the candidate doesn’t exist already, you will see a + Candidate button. Once clicked, a candidate record will be created and stored in Chameleon-i. The LinkedIn profile will be associated with the record.
- If a record exists already. a red Candidate button with a disk symbol will be shown. Press this button to update an existing record. The LinkedIn profile will be associated with the record.
Update the Link to an Existing Contact
The Chrome LinkedIn plugin also lets you update the LinkedIn profile link whenever it finds an existing contact in your database.
Simply click the green Link to existing contact button to pull up a menu where you can select the correct contact record.
How to create a CV using the LinkedIn Plugin
Once you have created, updated, or linked a LinkedIn profile to a record, you can create CV using that information.
- Please read Creating a CV Template to find out how to create and style a CV template using placeholders.
- Once you have everything ready, when on the profile you wish to use, click the red Create CV button.
- Click ‘OK’ when the pop-up appears. A CV made from the information found on your chosen LinkedIn profile will be stored in a template in the candidate record.
If you have any questions about the Chrome LinkedIn plugin, please contact us and we will be in touch.